Meet our staff here at Calvary…
Meet our staff here at Calvary…
Pastor Jeff, or “Brother Jeff” is our pastor here at Calvary. Brother Jeff and wife Terri have three children (Christina, Jared and Cory) and have been serving at Calvary for over 15 years. Email Brother Jeff today with any questions you may have about our church.
Terri Hill is Calvary’s Director of Assimilation (Connections) and is married to Pastor Jeff Hill. Terri and Jeff along with daughter Christina, son Jared, and son Cory have been members at Calvary for over 15 years. Email Terri with any questions you may have.
Dona Bowe is our church secretary and handles our church calendar. She is also a member of Calvary. Email Dona with any questions you may have.
Gwen Freeman is our Children’s Ministry leader. At Calvary Baptist Church, we are excited to share the good news of Jesus with your children. We offer Children’s Church for kids ages 3 years through 5th grade during the Sunday morning worship service. The children have Bible-based lessons that include stories, skits, crafts and games. We currently have three groups divided by age allowing them to have age-appropriate lessons. The classes are: 3 years – Pre-K; Kindergarten – 2nd grade and 3rd through 5th grade. We hope to give them the tools to build a solid foundation in Christ. Gwen and her husband Kevin, and sons Jordan, Jacob and daughter Josie are all members of Calvary.
Taylor is the Children`s Ministry Administrator for Calvary. She graduated from Kennesaw State University with her B.A. in English. Taylor and her husband Aaron are both members of Calvary. As part of the Calvary Kids team, Taylor is dedicated to sharing God`s Word in a way that kids can interact and enjoy learning more about our wonderful Father. She is happy to answer any questions you may have about our Children`s Ministry program!
Donna Watkins is Calvary’s Facilities Director. Donna and husband Kelly along with their two children are all members at Calvary.
The following is the job description for our Children and Families Pastor – in interested, please contact Jeff Hill at 770-887-6982 or email@example.com
The Children’s Minister is responsible for a holistic ministry approach to families with children. Recruiting and training leaders who will impact children’s lives with God’s love, and teach them God’s Word. This ministry approach includes spiritual and missional formation of children as well as partnership with parents.
TALENTS AND ABILITIES DESIRED: Clear testimony of salvation and active relationship with the Lord; Committed to values and vision of the church; Education and experience in Pastoral Ministries/college degree preferred or being pursued; A heart, passion and love for children and families and able to communicate well with them and understand their needs and challenges; Provide positive influence, demonstrate a strong work ethic and be a team player; Engage and motivate others to carry out work of the ministry and be supportive of their efforts; Creative with good organizational and administrative skills; Submit to and pass a background check; No criminal record.
- Create a safe and loving environment in which children, students and their families learn about salvation through Christ and worship God
- Take responsibility to oversee Sunday school, Wednesday night activities, Children’s Church and coordinating with Student Ministry
- Review and recommend curriculum for children’s and student’s ministry
- Recruit and retain a willing and enthusiastic Children’s Ministry Team in establishing and accomplishing ministry goals
- Develop and coordinate programs and events for outreach to families in the community
- Develop and coordinate programs and events to further the spiritual and missional growth of families within our church community.
- Partner with parents and church members in all stages of life to aid in the spiritual development of the next generation of church leaders.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and staff in the fulfillment of the ministries, programs, and activities to create a comprehensive spiritual plan for children birth through eighteen years.
- Develop schedules for teachers in Sunday school, Children’s Church and Wednesdays
- Plan special seasonal and monthly activities for children and families (Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat, Back to School Bash, VBS, etc).
- Work with teachers to evaluate effectiveness of curriculum and recommend changes or alternatives while engaging and training additional volunteers and teachers
- Aid teachers in locating resources and/or teaching ideas appropriate for the age levels they are teaching.
- Create worship opportunities for children and students and engage them in worship
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are established and followed in the department; completing annual criminal background check for staff and volunteers, training on child abuse and protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of children in the department’s care.
- Investigate any complaints regarding student and children’s ministry workers. Discuss complaints with workers when warranted. Document and report serious matters to pastor and authorities.
- Verify disbursement of funds for supplies and projects keeping within budgeted amounts.
- Assist Senior Pastor with overall pastoral responsibilities, as assigned or requested, especially as they focus on families with children and students